What are preserved flowers?
Preserved flowers are fresh cut flowers that have undergone a unique preservation process, leaving the flowers looking natural by maintaining their original suppleness, shape and brightness. These blooms can last up to 1-2 years!
How are they preserved?
- Fresh flowers are selected and cut when they are at the peak of their bloom
- Special non-toxic and non-corrosive chemicals are used to dehydrate the flowers, removing proteins, sugars and pigments
- The flowers are being placed in an organic mixture of glycerine and other plant elements, resulting in a rehydration process
- An eco-certified chemical solution is absorbed until it completely substitutes the sap and gives the flower its shape.
- A variety of pigments and essential oils are introduced to give them smells and colours.
- Few days later, the flowers are ready to be used.
How to care for preserved flowers?
Keep them away from direct sunlight, and do not wet them. While they are real flowers, they do not need any water. A humid environment could reduce its lifespan. If you want to clean them, use a dry tissue to gently wipe off any dirt or dust.
It is natural for the colours to fade overtime. So just enjoy them without having to worry too much about how to care for them!